CAROUSEL is a two-owner 2003 Nordic Tugs 37, initially constructed for one of the owner/investors of the company and displays her pedigree everywhere you look. Engineering details and construction quality are exceptional and both owners have maintained her to the highest standards possible. Current owners are an aerospace engineer and tech executive whose attention to detail shows throughout the boat. Stored in covered moorage, she is truly in Bristol Condition and will not disappoint the most discriminating yachtsman.
Equipped for year-round Northwest cruising, CAROUSEL is a veteran of trips to Desolation Sound, the Broughtons, and Southeast Alaska. Her 330HP Cummins diesel engine has logged fewer than 2300 hours and provides a comfortable 10 knot cruise while consuming around 4 GPH yet has the capacity to deliver speeds of 15+ knots should the need arise. Equipped with SidePower Bow and Stern Thrusters, CAROUSEL is easy to maneuver in close quarters. Diesel cabin heating, propane cooking, LED lighting and a 2500 Watt inverter provide independence whether underway or at anchor in a quiet cove. CAROUSEL is ready to take your family and guests on unrivaled adventures near and far!
CAROUSEL is boarded from her swim platform through the transom door into the weather-protected cockpit or via the side decks and through the pilothouse doors. Pass through the cockpit door into the heated salon, and you will find teak cabinetry and a settee with high-low table to port while the semi-u-shaped galley occupies the entire starboard side. Forward and up three steps, the pilothouse is flanked by sliding doors on either side. Double-wide seating at the navigator’s station and the helm allows four travelers to converse and enjoy the sights whether underway or at rest. Forward and down three steps, the companionway presents a laundry alcove to port and a panty to starboard. Forward through the door into the Master Stateroom, the queen berth with generous drawers at its foot and a large storage bin beneath the mattress is located on centerline. Hanging lockers and storage cabinets line both sides of the stateroom. A huge head with walk-in shower lies to starboard. Opening portlights and a screened overhead hatch provides light and ventilation.
A stainless-steel ladder with treads leads from the cockpit to the salon cabin top where room for alfresco dining, entertaining or watching the sights is plentiful. The pilothouse cabin top is forward providing easy access to navigational electronics.
The spacious and well-lit engine room is accessed through two removable hatches in the pilothouse sole. Generous access around the engine and other machinery makes routine inspections and service quick and easy.
Fully enclosed by removable Sunbrella and Eisenglass panels and/or screens, the cockpit is a wonderful gathering spot year-round. The non-skid sole provides safe access to the utility locker to port and the propane locker to starboard. Custom stainless-steel ventilation panels keep the inwales and lazarette free of moisture. A large hatch in the sole provides easy access to steering equipment, the stern thruster and lots of storage space. A ladder provides access to the salon cabin top where a large utility locker and fender storage racks are located.
DECK & CABIN TOP
CAROUSEL has wide and well-protected walk-around decks forward of the pilothouse making anchoring, positioning fenders or handling dock lines safe and easy. She has an easily accessed salon cabin top which is ideal for storage as well as alfresco dining and entertaining. Key features include…
- 1-1/4” stainless-steel safety railing surrounding decks and cabin top
- 72” long Lockable Storage Box on cabin top for storage of large or odd-shaped pieces
- Stainless-steel Fender Racks on cabin top for easy access and secure storage
- Lofrans Tigress Windlass with 250’ 5/16” G4 hi-strength chain and 20 kg Bruce galvanized anchor
- Salt water washdown spigots at bow and cockpit
- LifeSling Man Overboard Recovery System
- 4-step stainless-steel Boarding Ladder
A hinged Diamond-SeaGlaze door with retractable screen provides security and entry into the well-appointed salon. Six large windows (four of them opening) provide abundant light and ventilation regardless of the weather. A thermostatically controlled electric heater provides comfort when shore power is available, and an independent Espar diesel-fired hot air heater keeps things toasty while at anchor or underway. To port in the salon is a lighted, hanging locker with tiered end table, an upholstered L-shaped settee with storage drawers below and an adjustable high-low table for cocktails, dining or entertaining. When needed, the settee and the high-low table can be converted to a comfortable double berth for guests. The salon is trimmed in quality soft goods, premium carpeting and teak hardwoods for warmth, beauty, and durability. All windows and door are screened and have privacy covers.
To starboard and spanning the entire length of the cabin is the elongated U-shaped galley. Aft is a Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven, with teak cabinetry storage under and to the side of the stove. Beneath the side windows is a bank of cabinets covered by a Corian countertop and an extra-deep dual-basin polished stainless-steel sink with Corian covering boards. The sink includes a Sea Gull IV Potable Water Filter with dedicated faucet and isolation valves to permit servicing without shutting down the freshwater system. Forward in the galley is VitriFrigo double-door dual-voltage refrigerator-freezer. Atop the forward cabinetry is a Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave Oven.
Forward and up three steps from the salon is the pilothouse. Sliding Diamond SeaGlaze doors flank either side and provide access to the walk-around side decks as well as ventilation to the pilothouse. Double-wide counter-height upholstered seating with storage in the bases offers comfortable seating and superior sight lines for the captain, navigator, and guests. Privacy window coverings are fitted to all pilothouse windows.
To port is a navigation station with a chart table including…
- Garmin EchoMap+ 74CV GPS/Chartplotter
- Kenwood Stereo/CD/Satellite Radio with Bose speakers
- Hart Systems Tank Tender to monitor fuel and water levels
- AC Power outlets
To starboard is the helm station with full controls including the following…
- VDO Engine instrumentation including Tachometer with Hour Meter, Oil Pressure Gauge, Coolant Temperature Gauge and Voltmeter
- Morse Electronic Throttle and Transmission Control
- SidePower Bow and Stern Thruster controls and Joysticks
- Navigation and VHF electronics
- 12v DC outlet
- Capilano Hydraulic Steering System
- Switchgear for navigation lighting, wipers and other 12VDC systems
- Pilothouse windshield defroster with dedicated controls
- ZeroXClu Video Display with cameras in engine room, lazarette and cockpit
- Xantrex Inverter Status Panel
- Windshield Defroster with three outlets
Extending from the base of the forward stairs to the entry to the Master Stateroom, the companionway puts space to good use…
- Laundry Alcove to port includes cabinetry for storage and laundry folding counter
- Splendide 2000 S combination clothes washer and dryer
- Isotherm single-door freezer
- Pantry to starboard with upper and lower cabinetry and Corian-covered countertop
The private Master Stateroom features a queen-size berth on centerline with two huge drawers in its base. The mattress removes to provide access to a forward storage compartment as well as access to the bow thruster. To port and starboard are lighted hanging lockers and double-door cabinets for smaller articles. Recessed LED lighting and a screened ventilation hatch are overhead. Adjustable reading lights are placed at the head of the berth on both sides, and the chain locker is accessed via a teak hatch cover.
The private head is ensuite with the Master Stateroom and is located on the starboard side. A generous amount of space affords the following…
- VacuFlush electric fresh-water toilet with 42-gallon holding tank, tank monitor and macerator discharge pump control
- Single-piece fiberglass walk-in shower with bifold glass door and detachable shower wand with flexible hose
- Custom Corian-topped cabinetry with stainless-steel sink and faucet. Water supply includes isolation valves to permit servicing without shutting down the freshwater system.
- Backsplash cabinetry with sliding doors for incidentals
- Two opening portlights provide sunlight and ventilation
- Custom hatch provides access to vent lines and fresh water back flush connection
- Exhaust ventilation fan
It is hard to imagine a better engine room than CAROUSEL’s. By removing one of the two hatches in the pilothouse sole and descending a short ladder, all machinery is withing easy reach. Generous space surrounds the centerline-mounted diesel engine making oil and coolant checks simple. Removing the second engine hatch provides complete overhead access to the engine for stand-up servicing. The bilges…forward, engine room and lazarette…are spotless and the spaces are well-illuminated with overhead LED lighting. Key machinery includes…
- Cummins 6BTA5.9-M3 330hp turbo charged and fresh-water-cooled marine diesel engine with 2230 hours
- Twin Disc MG5050 Marine Transmission with 2.45:1 gear ratio
- Reverso Oil Change System
- Dual Racor Fuel Filters with isolation valve
- Dual 165-gallon Aluminum Fuel Tanks with crossover valve
- Groco Freshwater Connection on Raw Water Strainer for flushing engine seawater system
- Fireboy Automatic engine room Fire Suppression System
- PSS Dripless Shaft Seal
- 28x22 4-blade Nibral Prop
- Pre-wired and pre-plumbed for installation of Water Maker
- Solar-friendly 750W IsoTemp Hot Water Heater with engine coolant heat exchanger
- Extensive Spare Parts Inventory for engine, head system, potable water system, bow thruster and much more. Itemized Spare Parts List Available
CAROUSEL has a modern and well-engineered electrical system. Key components include…
- 30-Amp Shore Power System with 50-foot power cord.
- Newmar 30-Amp Galvanic Isolator
- Hart Freedom 2500-Watt Inverter/Charger
- House Battery Bank upgraded to four Trojan 6V AGM golf cart batteries
- TruCharge 40-Amp Battery Charger
- Engine Alternator upgraded to 145 Amp
- Engine Starting Batteries (2) upgraded to Optima 880 CCA in Blue Sea Battery Box
- Plans are available for an 800W solar installation
- Pre-wired and pre-plumbed for installation of generator (OE generator removed)
- All lighting upgraded to LED service
CAROUSEL was outfitted at delivery with premium navigational electronics designed for long-distance cruising. Although many of the devices onboard today are original, all work properly and accurately. The list of equipment follows…
- Raymarine L1250 Color Multifunction Display with GPS, Chartplotting and Depth Sounder
- Raymarine RN300 GPS
- Raymarine RL80C Color Pathfinder Radar with Closed-Array 48-mile Radome
- Raymarine ST7001+ Autopilot with handheld remote
- Garmin EchoMap 74CV GPS/Chartplotter/Depth Sounder (Navigator’s Station) (xdcr not installed)
- Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF Radio
TENDER & MISCELLANEOUS
CAROUSEL has been continuously updated and the following is a partial list of her upgrades…
- 9-foot Livingston catamaran-hull fiberglass Tender recently refurbished to better-than-new condition
- 2022 2.5 HP Suzuki Outboard Engine with Weaver articulating mount on tender
- Stainless-steel Weaver Snap-Davit affixed to swim platform with transom mounting bars
- New Commissioning Kit including Life Vests, Throwable Cushion, LifeSling MOB Retrieval System, Dock Lines, Fire Extinguishers, Flares, and Air Horn
- Freshwater flush connection added to black water vent line to permit system backflush
- Anchor Chain Locker updated with aerated shelf for chain and rode
A chronological Maintenance & Upgrade Summary for CAROUSEL can be provided under separate cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing.