Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer
We are excited to introduce the Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer!
“This is the first announcement in regards to the development/tooling of the new 42 Motor Sailer. Now that we have finished the 439 it is time to get back on the motor sailer. During the last month we moved the hull mold with a hull inside of it back into the tooling department. We have made the two head modules and placed them into the hull along with the forward cabin IGU. This is the beginning of the lower level, the rest will be the second stateroom, engine room and lazarette storage. The second head is optional and can be eliminated if wanted. We also have built a SP Cruiser deck and then egg crated the bottom so it can be set on the floor and worked on. We will take this part and make it into our new deck plug. We will then modify this plug to make the new deck and cabin house. After the plug is finished we then build the new deck mold from the plug which will give us the ability to build a new part. You will see the SP Cruiser change into the new motor sailer plug as it starts taking shape over the next few months. This is the largest part we have to change in order to build the new motor sailer design so once this is complete we will be getting close to having all of our fiberglass parts.”
~Darrell Allen with Island Packet & Seaward Yachts Date: July 21, 2020
- Starboard side opening door by helm for quick access to side deck
- Recessed side decks for safety
- Aft deck retractable shade option
- Second stateroom available with desk and single berth arrangement
- Hanging locker in 2nd stateroom designed for optional washer/dryer unit
- Lewmar stowe sheet winches standard for main and jib sheeting from helm
- Deck salon settee converts to double berth or lounge area
- Transom door with swim step
The Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer is designed for comfortable, offshore cruising. Sailors can enjoy the livability of a trawler and maintain the ability to easily sail in all weather. With tankage of 320 gallons, she is built for long distances!