Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer
We are excited to introduce the Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer!
“This is the first announcement in regards to the development/tooling of the new 42 Motor Sailer. Now that we have finished the 439 it is time to get back on the motor sailer. During the last month we moved the hull mold with a hull inside of it back into the tooling department. We have made the two head modules and placed them into the hull along with the forward cabin IGU. This is the beginning of the lower level, the rest will be the second stateroom, engine room and lazarette storage. The second head is optional and can be eliminated if wanted. We also have built a SP Cruiser deck and then egg crated the bottom so it can be set on the floor and worked on. We will take this part and make it into our new deck plug. We will then modify this plug to make the new deck and cabin house. After the plug is finished we then build the new deck mold from the plug which will give us the ability to build a new part. You will see the SP Cruiser change into the new motor sailer plug as it starts taking shape over the next few months. This is the largest part we have to change in order to build the new motor sailer design so once this is complete we will be getting close to having all of our fiberglass parts.”
~Darrell Allen with Island Packet & Seaward Yachts Date: July 21, 2020
- Starboard side opening door by helm for quick access to side deck
- Recessed side decks for safety
- Aft deck retractable shade option
- Second stateroom available with desk and single berth arrangement
- Hanging locker in 2nd stateroom designed for optional washer/dryer unit
- Lewmar stowe sheet winches standard for main and jib sheeting from helm
- Deck salon settee converts to double berth or lounge area
- Transom door with swim step
The Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer is designed for comfortable, offshore cruising. Sailors can enjoy the livability of a trawler and maintain the ability to easily sail in all weather. With tankage of 320 gallons, she is built for long distances!
|Ballast (Keel Weight)||5,000 lbs|
|Fuel Capacity||320 gal|
|Water Capacity||130 gal|
|Holding Tank Capacity||50 gal|
|Sail Area||733 sq ft|
|Designer||J.F. Bedard/ AMRINA /Bob Johnson, N.A.|
|Wood Choices||Mahogany & several other custom wood choices|
|Hull Color||Island Packet beige or custom L.P. paint|
|Electrical||Inverter or 5kw/9kw generator|
|Mast/Sail Plan||Furling mainsail|
|Electric furling mainsail|
|Classic “Stack Pack”|
High-quality production full-foil keel “tough as nails” cruising cutters. Offering several wood choices, options lists, and custom options. Starting from: $ 499,000
- Pacific Northwest: Explore thousands of islands and inlets including the Inside Passage to Alaska.
- Florida Gulf Coast: Start your cruising adventures in Tampa/ St. Pete’s; enjoy the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico and cruise the west coast of Florida to the Keys.
- Caribbean: Base your boat out of the USVI/ BVI or head “Down Island” enjoying the warmth and unique cultures along the way.
Commissioning: Not all commissioning services from Dealers are the same. Marine Servicenter owns and operate a Full Service Boatyard, Ships Store, and Storage lots; we are much more than just a Dealer/ Broker! With Pacific Northwest Delivery at our Anacortes, WA. facilities we offer:
- In-house commissioning, never outsourced, your Dealer is your Service Provider!
- Choose from Standard Commissioning and Bottom Paint packages (what the competition offers)
- – or Premium Commissioning and Bottom Paint packages
Ask your Dealer about the details, they matter!
- Washington Residents: New Boats are delivered at our Anacortes, WA. facilities where the sales tax rate is one of the lowest at 8.5%.
- Non – WA. Residents: New Boats are delivered WA. Sales Tax FREE and Non- Residents can stay in WA. for 1 year and often beyond. Call for details!